Exchanges can be thought of as the online brokerages of the bitcoin world, used by people and businesses who tend to trade frequently, and need sophisticated purchase and selling mechanisms like "limit" and "stop loss" order types.
For the average person, the simpler options may be preferable, but for the curious, here's a list of the largest and most trusted exchanges.
Kraken (Global) — Kraken was one of the earliest exchanges, has one of the most usable interfaces, and is considered by many one of the most trusted in terms of security.
Binance (Global) — Binance is the world's largest cryptocurrency exchange, by a long shot!
Binance US (USA) — Binance US is the American arm of the global Binance organization. This exchange allows US citizens to be customers.
Crypto.com Exchange (Global) — One of the newest exchanges is provided by Crypto.com, and includes frequent promotions for their customers.
OKCoin (Global) — One of the oldest, and most trusted exchanges, with a focus on user experience.
Got a suggestion to add? Just let me know.
- 1Learn more about BitcoinEducational resources to get you beyond the basics.
- 2Buying, selling & walletsOptions for buying, selling and holding bitcoin.
- 3Earning interest with bitcoinBusinesses who pay interest on deposited bitcoin, just like a traditional savings account.
- 4Get a loan with BitcoinBusinesses who allow you to get US dollar loans, using bitcoin as collateral.
- 5Bitcoin debit & credit cardsBusinesses who allow you to spend your bitcoin anywhere Visa or Mastercard is accepted, using a debit or credit card.
- 6Bitcoin exchangesA list of marketplaces where bitcoin is bought and sold by traders.