Congratulations if you now own some bitcoin! Here are some things you can do with it.
- Hodl — Most people who own bitcoin share the belief that it will increase in value in the future—and therefore they lock it away and do nothing. In fact, many plan to hold their bitcoin forever! Holding bitcoin is affectionately referred to as "hodling", due to an infamous misspelling years ago!
- Buy things — Bitcoin was created to be digital money, and a growing number of businesses accept bitcoin as payment, for everything from coffees and haircuts, to properties and tax payments in certain places!
- Earn interest — Over the past few years, a number of companies have started providing Bitcoin savings accounts. You deposit your bitcoin, and receive regular interest payments—sometimes up to 5%—paid in bitcoin! We provide a few options here.
- Get a loan — Some companies allow you to deposit bitcoin, and use it as collateral for a US dollar loan. We provide a few options here.
Now that you know all the basics about Bitcoin, you can see some frequently asked questions, check out some resources, or get started with Bitcoin today!
- 1What is Bitcoin?Bitcoin is the internet’s native form of money.
- 2How does Bitcoin work?This is where things get a little tricky, but it’s actually simpler than it seems at first.
- 3What’s special about Bitcoin?Bitcoin has a number of characteristics that make it unique!
- 4What is a bitcoin worth?Just like all assets, Bitcoin is worth whatever the market decides it’s worth.
- 5Should I own some bitcoin?That’s up to you, but here is how some of the world’s most successful people answer that question.
- 6How do I get some bitcoin?You can buy bitcoin with a bank transfer, debit or credit card.
- 7What can I do with my bitcoin?An overview of holding, spending and earning money with your bitcoin.
- 8Frequently Asked QuestionsNow that you know the basics, let’s answer some of the most frequently asked questions.